After 6 months, 90 participants and 14 designs submitted to MPW2, I’m making the Zero to ASIC course even better!
One of the things that’s great about the course is that you can proceed at your own pace. I originally set the course length at 6 weeks, but a lot of people want more time than this. To resolve this I have:
- removed the expiry date on the discord support,
- removed the expiry date on office hours.
To help grow the community and provide another venue for discussing the course, I have added a weekly group call for anyone on the course to join. It’s been going really well; we answer questions, discuss the course and chat about what’s going on in the world of open source ASICs.
I’ve also added a new ticket level with team access & guaranteed chips via Efabless’ ChipIgnite program.
Another improvement is to move away from starting the courses in groups. People naturally drift apart as they work through the material, so I am trying a few new things:
- tickets are now on sale direct from this website,
- you can start whenever you want,
- discord channels to support each part of the course rather than each group.
Thanks @luisdeilor and @harriskenny for the help in getting this ready.
What people say about the course